The New Silk Road as the Pendulum Axis of History: China’s “Journey to the West” Opens a Range of Opportunities to Europe
Keywords:Belt & Road Initiative, Xi Jinping, China, European Union, Central Asia, 16 1.
AbstractThe pendulum of History leaves the West to return to the East, as in the times of Marco Polo. China has found in the resurrection of the Silk Road the instrument for a more inclusive global economic growth and that is also in line with the multipolar world that the government proposes. In just five years, The Belt and Road Initiative, as it is formally referred to, has made great strides in its revolutionary global connection plan and added new followers, despite of the swiftness of the Chinese’s ascent is scaring many countries, especially its neighbors. The purpose of this article is to analyze the misgivings of Europe and the range of opportunities that Beijing is
offering to create together a model of sustainable
development and address the major challenges
that affect both: inequality, climate change and
protectionist drift. The New Silk Road is a unique
opportunity to bring closer the two extremes of
Eurasia, which today, more than ever, need to
understand each other.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Georgina Higueras
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Sinología Hispánica. China Studies Review considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- The authors assign the exploitation rights (reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation) of the work accepted for publication to the University of León on a non-exclusive basis. Authors can establish, on their own, additional agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (for example, placing it in an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), always acknowledging the initial publication. in this magazine.
- The manuscript is your own original work and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- The manuscript is not currently under consideration or peer review, nor accepted for publication, nor in press, nor published elsewhere.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
- Please note that Sinologia Hispanica uses Turnitin software to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your manuscript to Sinologia Hispanica you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes. Any author who fails to adhere to the above conditions will be rejected.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to electronically disseminate the pre-printed versions (version before being evaluated) and / or post-printing (version evaluated and accepted for publication) of their works before publication, since it favors their circulation and dissemination more early and with it, a possible increase in its citation and reach among the academic community.