Acquisition of Chinese Conceptual Metaphor from the Perspective of Cognitive Linguistics
Keywords:Cognitive Linguistics, Metaphor, Second language acquisition, Chinese teaching, contrastive grammar.
Cognitive linguistics discovers the similarities between cognitive perception and language perception. It provides a solution to the interference caused by the mother tongue when learning a foreign language, Interdisciplinary method will also bring another perspective to L2 students’ language knowledge. This paper tries to analyse the teaching of Metaphor from the cognitive linguistics perspective, reconstructing the Metaphor of language Cognition composition with strategies such as Categories, visualising Image Schemes, building the Cognitive Model, recreating Cognitive Context and teaching Cognitive Grammar. Those strategies do not lie much in linguistics but both visual reasoning and logical thinking. Owing to that, it will bring a different approach to Chinese language teaching.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Sinología Hispánica. China Studies Review considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- The authors assign the exploitation rights (reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation) of the work accepted for publication to the University of León on a non-exclusive basis. Authors can establish, on their own, additional agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (for example, placing it in an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), always acknowledging the initial publication. in this magazine.
- The manuscript is your own original work and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- The manuscript is not currently under consideration or peer review, nor accepted for publication, nor in press, nor published elsewhere.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
- Please note that Sinologia Hispanica uses Turnitin software to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your manuscript to Sinologia Hispanica you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes. Any author who fails to adhere to the above conditions will be rejected.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to electronically disseminate the pre-printed versions (version before being evaluated) and / or post-printing (version evaluated and accepted for publication) of their works before publication, since it favors their circulation and dissemination more early and with it, a possible increase in its citation and reach among the academic community.