“中国制造”国际形象的 媒体话语研究 = International Image of “Made in China” in Media Discourse
Keywords:“中国制造”；媒体话语；产品的媒 体形象；国家形象 “Made in China”, “media discourse”, media image of product, national image.
This study aims at analyzing language forms,
discursive strategies and discourse themes,
focusing on the changes of international image
of “Made in China” in the news reports of “New
York Time” in the past 25 years. The result shows
that the image of “Made in China” is constructed
through methods of lexical choice, discursive
stylistics, and rhetorical strategies, which is
modeled under of framework of social cognition
and interact with social and economic practices
in daily life. The image was reflected in
analyzing the theme of the relevant discourse,
which covers “product symbol, copyright,
product price and quality, working environment
and salary of Chinese workers, and Chinese
environment” and etc. These reports reconstruct
the public’s social cognition towards “Made in
China” by using language forms and discourse
strategies contain derogatory terms, reporting
verbs, and metaphors. These themes correlate
with the export good quality of “Made in China”and the image of “Made in China” has a mutual
impact with China image.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Li Qiuyang
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Sinología Hispánica. China Studies Review considers all manuscripts on the strict condition that:
- The authors assign the exploitation rights (reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation) of the work accepted for publication to the University of León on a non-exclusive basis. Authors can establish, on their own, additional agreements for the non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (for example, placing it in an institutional repository or publishing it in a book), always acknowledging the initial publication. in this magazine.
- The manuscript is your own original work and does not duplicate any other previously published work, including your own previously published work.
- The manuscript is not currently under consideration or peer review, nor accepted for publication, nor in press, nor published elsewhere.
- The manuscript contains nothing that is abusive, defamatory, libellous, obscene, fraudulent, or illegal.
- Please note that Sinologia Hispanica uses Turnitin software to screen manuscripts for unoriginal material. By submitting your manuscript to Sinologia Hispanica you are agreeing to any necessary originality checks your manuscript may have to undergo during the peer-review and production processes. Any author who fails to adhere to the above conditions will be rejected.
- Authors are allowed and encouraged to electronically disseminate the pre-printed versions (version before being evaluated) and / or post-printing (version evaluated and accepted for publication) of their works before publication, since it favors their circulation and dissemination more early and with it, a possible increase in its citation and reach among the academic community.